- The best chance for selling your property is within the first 7 weeks.
- Studies show that the longer a property stays on the market, the less the seller will net so it is very important to price your property at a competitive market value at the signing of the listing agreement.
- The market is so competitive that even over pricing by a few thousand dollars could mean that your house will not sell. Your first offer is often your best offer.
- If your house is adequately clean, you will be able to sell your home faster and net hundreds, if not thousands of dollars more.
- If you are planning on moving, why not declutter now so that your house will appear larger?
- Odors must be eliminated, especially if you have dogs, cats, or young children in diapers or if you are a smoker. You may not notice the smell, but buyers do.
- Showing requests can occur with very short notice so it is best to keep your home in “show ready”condition.
Access and Showing Facts
- Keep all lights on and open all drapes and shutters
- Leave soft music playing.
- Take a short walk with your children and pets.
- Let the buyer be at ease and let the agents do their job.
Paint and Carpet Facts
- Paint is your best improvement for getting a greater return on your MONEY!
- A freshly painted home smells clean and looks neat.
- If your carpet is worn, dirty, outdated, or an unusual color, you need to seriously consider replacing it.
- Don’t think that it is okay to give an allowance to replace the carpet. Buyers choose to buy or not to buy based upon just what you show them in your home. They don’t pay top dollar for possibilities. They simply buy elsewhere!
Curb Appeal Facts
- First impressions are everything.
- Your front yard immediately reflects the inside condition of your house to potential buyers.
- Make certain that trees and bushes are trimmed so the house can be seen from the street.
- Have the grass mowed, trimmed and edged.
- Plant flowers to give the yard some color.
- Walkways should be swept.
- Clean away debris.